The Café Brew brand Stovetop Whistling Tea Kettle is a great product for boiling water. This kettle is made of laboratory quality borosilicate glass from Germany and has a heat tolerant handle designed for use on gas and electric stove top ranges. The kettle has a 12 cup capacity, is BPA-free, stain resistant and dishwasher safe. (Includes whistling lid and metal trivet).
MODEL #WK112: PRODUCT SAFEGUARDS & WARNINGS, PRODUCT USE, CLEANING & CARE
Misuse of the Kettle (“product”) can cause the glass to break or plastic components to melt and result in personal injury from cuts, scalding or hot/melted plastic. To avoid such events, please adhere to the information below. Instructions may be updated periodically; instructions listed here will supersede those that are included with your product packaging.
SAFEGUARDS & WARNINGS
• Read all information below prior to use.
• Save these instructions.
• Prior to use, provide these instructions to all users of this product.
• Product is strictly intended for boiling water as instructed. All other uses are strictly prohibited.
• Do not use product with any accessories that are not included with the product. Only use replacement parts manufactured by Medelco available at www.cafe-brew.com or call 888.633.3526.
• Notify any persons who may come in contact with product while in use, or within 2 hours after use, that the product has been heated.
• For adult use only; close supervision is necessary when used near children.
• Never leave the product unattended while in use.
• Use product on interior household stove top ranges only. Not for commercial use.
• Not for use on induction stove top ranges.
• Do not use product on or in the following devices: oven appliance, microwave oven, fire pit, barbeque grill or fireplace grill.
• Do not use product if handle becomes loose or weakened.
• Do not subject product to impact as it may weaken glass and cause it to break unexpectedly.
• Remove enclosed metal heat diffusing Trivet wire from inside Kettle body prior to use. This Trivet must always be placed on exposed Electric Range coils between the coils and Kettle glass. Failure to use Trivet on Electric Range coils can damage the product.
• The Trivet is not necessary for use on Gas, Glass or Ceramic Stovetops.
• Prior to each use, inspect glass to ensure there are no scratches, nicks or cracks. Immediately discontinue use of product if damaged.
• Inspect and remove any debris from Lid steam hole at each use.
• Maximum capacity is 48 fluid ounces. Do not overfill product with water which can cause boil over.
• Do not heat or boil product if water level is below the “MIN.” line marking on glass.
• Do not boil product dry or heat when empty, as this can damage the glass or cause the plastic components to melt. Discontinue use of product if boiled dry or heated empty.
• Do not steep tea or place any other product inside product before or after boiling water.
• Handle may become hot during use. Use of oven mitts is recommended.
• Do not place product on cold or wet surface after removing from burner.
• Use caution when removing Lid or pouring to prevent scalding and injury from spillover or steam.
• Immediately remove product from heat source once water has reached a boil.
• Failure to comply with these instructions may result in damage to the glass, breakage during use and/or may cause the plastic components to melt.
• If during heating/use you disregarded these instructions, or suspect the glass is damaged or plastic components may have melted:
1. DO NOT TOUCH OR MOVE PRODUCT.
2. Immediately turn off heat source.
3. Immediately instruct any persons who may come in contact with product to not touch or move product.
4. Allow product to cool for 2 hours.
5. After 2 hours, using an oven mitt, carefully remove product from heat source.
6. Discard product.
GENERAL PRODUCT USE (in accordance with Safeguards & Warnings above)
FOR GAS RANGES: use on medium size burner (max. 3.5” dia. burner cap) on medium heat setting; consult your range instructions for heat settings. Do not allow flame to extend beyond the bottom surface of the glass. Reduce from medium to low heat setting if flame extends beyond bottom surface of the glass.
FOR ELECTRIC RANGES: use on small size burner (max. 5.6” dia.) on medium heat setting; consult your range instructions for heat settings. Do not place product on burner that is larger than the width of the glass.
1. Place Trivet on Electric Range coils as applicable.
2. Add water to the Kettle, noting required minimum and maximum water levels.
3. Snap Lid securely into place and align Lid handle over top of Kettle handle.
4. Place Kettle on stovetop to boil. Once water has boiled, immediately remove Kettle from heat source.
5. Carefully remove Lid before pouring.
CLEANING & PRODUCT CARE
• Do not use abrasive pads, brushes, cleaners or any metal products on or inside of glass Kettle.
• Do not scrub any scale buildup as it may scratch the glass and result in breakage. Use a liquid descaler as directed by descaler product, but do not scrub the glass.
• Use only sponge, plastic or nylon wash pads with soapy water when washing by hand.
• Dishwasher top rack safe. Avoid Kettle contact with other items in dishwasher.