The Café Brew brand Stove Top Whistling Kettle is a great product for boiling water. This kettle is made of laboratory quality borosilicate glass from Germany and has a heat tolerant handle designed for use on gas and electric stove top ranges. The kettle has a 48oz capacity, is BPA-free, stain resistant and dishwasher safe. (Includes whistling lid and metal trivet).
MODEL #WK112: INSTRUCTIONS, SAFEGUARDS & WARNINGS, PRODUCT USE, CLEANING & CARE
Misuse of the kettle can cause the glass to break or plastic components to melt and result in personal injury from cuts, scalding or hot/melted plastic. Instructions may be updated periodically; instructions listed at www.cafe-brew.com may be more recent than those that are included with your product packaging.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
• Read all information below. All users should read and save these instructions.
• Not for commercial use. Kettle is strictly intended for boiling water as instructed. All other uses are strictly prohibited. Do not use with any accessories that are not included.
• Remove enclosed metal heat-diffusing trivet wire from inside kettle body prior to use. This trivet must always be placed on exposed electric range coils between the coils and kettle glass. Failure to use trivet on electric range coils may damage the product. Trivet is not necessary for use on gas, glass or ceramic stove tops.
• Use kettle on interior household stove top ranges only. Do not use on or in the following devices: induction stove top ranges, oven appliance, microwave oven, fire pit, barbeque grill or fireplace grill.
HOW TO USE
• Maximum capacity is 48oz. Do not overfill; overfilling kettle with water can cause boil over.
• Do not heat if water level is below the “24oz Min.” level marking on glass – this is the minimum water level.
FOR GAS RANGES: use on medium size burner (maximum 3.5-inch diameter burner cap) on medium heat setting; consult your range instructions for heat settings. Do not allow flame to extend beyond the bottom surface of the glass. Reduce from medium to low heat setting if flame extends beyond bottom surface of the glass.
FOR ELECTRIC RANGES: use on small size burner (maximum 5.6-inch diameter) on medium heat setting; consult your range instructions for heat settings. Do not place product on burner that is larger than the width of the glass. IMPORTANT: Place trivet on exposed electric range coils to diffuse the heat.
1. Add from 24oz to 48oz of water to the kettle.
2. Snap lid securely into place. Align the lid handle over top of kettle handle.
3. Place kettle on stove top to boil.
4. Immediately remove kettle from stove top once water has reached a boil.
5. Carefully remove lid before pouring.
• Warn anyone who may come in contact with kettle while in use, or within 2 hours after use, that the kettle may still be hot.
• For adult use only; close supervision is necessary when used near children.
• Never leave the kettle unattended while in use.
• Handle may become hot during use. Use of oven mitts is recommended.
• Use caution when removing lid and pouring to prevent scalding from spillover or steam.
• Do not use kettle if handle becomes loose or weakened.
• Do not subject kettle to impact as it may weaken glass and cause it to break unexpectedly.
• Prior to each use, inspect glass to ensure there are no scratches, nicks or cracks. Immediately discontinue use of kettle if damaged.
• Prior to each use, inspect and remove any debris from lid steam hole to prevent steam buildup inside kettle.
• To prevent burns, do not steep tea or place any other products inside kettle before or after boiling.
• Do not boil out the water or heat glass when empty. This can damage the glass or cause the plastic components to melt. Discontinue use of product if boiled dry or heated empty.
Failure to comply with these instructions may result in damage to the glass that isn't clearly visible, resulting in breakage during use and may cause the plastic components to melt, causing personal injury.
If during heating/use you disregarded these instructions, or suspect the glass is damaged or plastic components may have melted:
1. DO NOT TOUCH OR MOVE KETTLE.
2. Immediately turn off heat.
3. Immediately instruct any persons who may come in contact with kettle to not touch or move it.
4. Allow kettle to cool for 2 hours.
5. After 2 hours, using an oven mitt, carefully remove kettle from stove.
6. Discard product.
CLEANING & PRODUCT CARE
• Do not use abrasive pads, brushes, cleaners or any metal products on or inside of glass.
• Do not scrub any mineral scale buildup as it may scratch the glass and result in breakage. Use a liquid mineral descaler as directed by descaler product, but do not scrub the glass.
• Use only sponge, plastic or nylon wash pads with soapy water when washing by hand.
• Dishwasher top rack safe. Avoid kettle contact with other items in dishwasher.