The Café Brew brand Stovetop Whistling Tea Kettle is a great product for boiling water. This kettle is made of laboratory quality borosilicate glass from Germany and has a heat tolerant handle designed for use on all cooking surfaces. The kettle has a 12 cup capacity, is BPA-free, stain resistant and dishwasher safe. (Includes whistling lid and metal trivet).
MODEL #WK112: PRODUCT INSTRUCTIONS
• Remove enclosed metal heat diffusing Trivet from inside Kettle body. This Trivet must always be placed on exposed Electric Range coils between the coils and glass. The Trivet is not necessary for use on Gas, Glass or Ceramic Stovetops.
• Fill Kettle with water. Note required minimum water level marking on Kettle.
• Snap Lid securely into place and align Lid handle over top of Kettle handle.
• Place Kettle on stovetop to boil. Once water has boiled, immediately remove Kettle from heat source.
• Remove Lid before pouring.
To avoid Kettle breakage, serious cuts and scalding:
• This Kettle is for household use only.
• Never leave the Kettle unattended while in use; close supervision is necessary when Kettle is used near children.
• Do no subject Kettle to impact as it may weaken glass and cause it to break unexpectedly.
• Prior to each use, inspect Kettle to ensure there are no scratches, nicks or cracks. Immediately discontinue use of Kettle if damaged.
• Inspect and remove any debris from Lid steam hole at each use.
• Product is strictly intended for boiling water. DO NOT steep tea or place any other product inside Kettle before or after boiling water.
• Do not boil if water level is below Min. marking on Kettle.
• Use Kettle on low or medium heat only. Keep flame below the water line when used on Gas Ranges.
• Handle may become hot during use. Use of oven mitts is recommended.
• Do not boil Kettle dry or heat Kettle when empty; discontinue use of Kettle if boiled dry or heated empty.
• Do not place Kettle on cold or wet surface after removing from burner.
• Use caution when removing Lid or pouring to prevent scalding and injury from spillover or steam.
• Do not overfill Kettle with water which can cause boil over.
CLEANING & PRODUCT CARE
• Do not use abrasive pads, brushes, cleaners or any metal products on or inside of glass Kettle.
• Use only sponge, plastic or nylon wash pads with soapy water when washing by hand.
• Dishwasher top rack safe. Avoid Kettle contact with other items in dishwasher.