Medelco’s Café Brew Stovetop Percolator is made from laboratory quality borosilicate glass from Germany and is appropriate for use on every type of stove. This “Perk” is a great, affordable option that enables you to brew your own coffee…even when the power is out! BPA-free and dishwasher safe.
MODEL #PK008: PRODUCT INSTRUCTIONS
• Remove enclosed metal heat diffusing Trivet from inner box panel. This Trivet must always be placed on exposed Electric Range coils between the coils and glass. The Trivet is not necessary for use on Gas, Glass or Ceramic Stovetops.
• Fill Percolator with desired amount of water. The maximum water level must be below the bottom of the basket so do not overfill.
• Add one rounded tablespoon of coarsely ground coffee into the basket for every cup of water. Depending on taste, you may use more or less coffee.
• Cover the basket with the basket lid. Make sure top lid opening is aligned with the glass pour spout to allow for ventilation.
• Place the Percolator on stovetop using medium heat. As the water boils, the water will be forced up through the stem and distributed over the top of the basket lid. The water will seep through the coffee grounds and drip through the bottom of the basket and into the lower portion of the Percolator.
• Once the coffee has reached the preferred color, remove from the heat source. Keep in mind that percolated coffee often tastes stronger than drip coffee so experiment with water and coffee levels to achieve your favorite brew.
• Carefully remove the stem & brew basket before serving the coffee.
To avoid Percolator breakage, serious cuts and scalding:
• This Percolator is for household use only.
• Product is strictly intended for brewing coffee.
• For adult use only. Never leave the Percolator unattended while in use; close supervision is necessary when Percolator is used near children.
• Do no subject Percolator to impact or use any hard/metal implements on or inside Percolator as it may weaken glass and cause it to break unexpectedly.
• Prior to each use, inspect glass for scratches, nicks or cracks. If glass has been damaged, immediately discontinue use of product.
• Use Percolator on low or medium heat only. Do not allow flame to extend beyond bottom of glass if used on a Gas Range.
• Handle may become hot during use. Use of oven mitts is recommended.
• Do not boil Percolator dry or heat when empty; discontinue use if glass has been boiled dry or heated empty.
• Do not place Percolator on cold or wet surface after removing from burner.
• Failure to comply with the above care instructions may result in damage to the glass that may not be clearly visible.
• Use caution when removing Lid or pouring to prevent scalding and injury from spillover or steam.
• Do not overfill Percolator with water which can cause boil over.
CLEANING & PRODUCT CARE
• Do not use abrasive pads, brushes, cleaners or any metal products on or inside of glass Percolator.
• Use only sponge, plastic or nylon wash pads with soapy water when washing by hand.
• Dishwasher top rack safe. Avoid glass contact with other items in dishwasher.