Medelco’s Café Brew Stovetop Percolator is made from laboratory quality borosilicate glass from Germany and is appropriate for use on every type of stove. This “Perk” is a great, affordable option that enables you to brew your own coffee…even when the power is out! BPA-free and dishwasher safe.
MODEL #PK008: PRODUCT SAFEGUARDS & WARNINGS, PRODUCT USE, CLEANING & CARE
When used properly, and as instructed, your Café Brew product will serve you well in your kitchen endeavors. However, misuse of the Percolator (“product”) can cause the glass to break or plastic components to melt and result in personal injury from cuts, scalding or hot/melted plastic. To avoid such events, please adhere to the information below. These instructions may be supplemental, and in addition to, those instructions which are included with your product packaging.
SAFEGUARDS & WARNINGS
• Read all information below prior to use.
• Save these instructions.
• Prior to use, provide these instructions to all users of this product.
• Product is strictly intended for brewing coffee as instructed. All other uses are strictly prohibited.
• Do not use product with any accessories that are not included with the product. Only use replacement parts manufactured by Medelco available at www.cafe-brew.com or call 888.633.3526.
• Notify any persons who may come in contact with product while in use, or within 2 hours after use, that the product has been heated.
• For adult use only; close supervision is necessary when used near children.
• Never leave the product unattended while in use.
• Use product on interior household stove top ranges only. Not for commercial use.
• Do not use product on or in the following devices: oven appliance, microwave oven, fire pit, barbeque grill or fireplace grill.
• Do not use product if handle becomes loose or weakened.
• Do not subject product to impact as it may weaken glass and cause it to break unexpectedly.
• Remove enclosed metal heat diffusing Trivet wire from inside Percolator body prior to use. This Trivet must always be placed on exposed Electric Range coils between the coils and Percolator glass. Failure to use Trivet on Electric Range coils can damage the product.
• The Trivet is not necessary for use on Gas, Glass or Ceramic Stovetops.
• Prior to each use, inspect glass to ensure there are no scratches, nicks or cracks. Immediately discontinue use of product if damaged.
• Do not fill water level above the bottom of the brew basket; overfilling product with water can cause boil over.
• Do not heat or boil product if water level is below the “4” cup level marking on glass – this is the minimum water level.
• Do not boil product dry or heat when empty, as this can damage the glass or cause the plastic components to melt. Discontinue use of product if boiled dry or heated empty.
• Align lid opening with the glass pour spout to allow for ventilation and to prevent steam buildup inside product.
• FOR GAS RANGES: use on smallest burner size available; use no higher than medium heat setting. Do not allow flame to extend beyond the bottom of the glass surface; reduce from medium to low heat setting if flame extends beyond bottom of glass surface. Consult your range instructions for heat settings.
• FOR ELECTRIC RANGES: use product on smallest burner size available; do not place product on stovetop burner that is larger than the glass bottom surface; use no higher than medium heat setting or 250° Fahrenheit. Consult your range instructions for heat settings.
• Handle may become hot during use. Use of oven mitts is recommended.
• Do not place product on cold or wet surface after removing from burner.
• Use caution when removing Lid, removing brewing components or pouring to prevent scalding and injury from spillover or steam.
• Once the coffee has reached the preferred color, immediately remove product from the heat source.
• Failure to comply with these instructions may result in damage to the glass that isn't clearly visible, resulting in breakage during use and/or may cause the plastic components to melt.
• If during heating/use you disregarded these instructions, or suspect the glass is damaged or plastic components may have melted:
1. DO NOT TOUCH OR MOVE PRODUCT.
2. Immediately turn off heat source.
3. Immediately instruct any persons who may come in contact with product to not touch or move product.
4. Allow product to cool for 2 hours.
5. After 2 hours, using an oven mitt, carefully remove product from heat source.
6. Discard product.
GENERAL PRODUCT USE (in accordance with Safeguards & Warnings above)
1. Place Trivet on Electric Range coils as applicable.
2. Fill product with water. Note required minimum and maximum water levels.
3. Insert stand and brew basket into the glass.
4. Add one rounded tablespoon of coarsely ground coffee into the brew basket for every cup of water. Depending on taste, you may use more or less coffee.
5. Cover the brew basket with the basket lid and insert top lid; align top lid opening with glass pour spout to allow for ventilation.
6. Place Percolator on stovetop to brew. As the water boils, the water will be forced up through the stem and distributed over the top of the basket lid. The water will seep through the coffee grounds and drip through the bottom of the basket and into the lower portion of the Percolator.
7. Once the coffee has reached the preferred color, immediately remove product from the heat source. Keep in mind that percolated coffee often tastes stronger than drip coffee so experiment with water and coffee levels to achieve your favorite brew.
8. Carefully remove the top lid, stem & brew basket before serving the coffee.
9. To keep liquids warm after initial boiling:
• Do not leave product unattended.
• Remove top lid, brew basket and stand from inside glass.
• Place product on range burner using low/simmer setting only.
• Do not boil product dry or allow liquid to boil out below “4” cup level marking.
CLEANING & PRODUCT CARE
• Do not use abrasive pads, brushes, cleaners or any metal products on or inside of glass Kettle.
• Do not scrub any scale buildup as it may scratch the glass and result in breakage. Use a liquid descaler as directed by descaler product, but do not scrub the glass.
• Use only sponge, plastic or nylon wash pads with soapy water when washing by hand.
• Dishwasher top rack safe. Avoid Kettle contact with other items in dishwasher.