25 Oct How To Brew Pumpkin Spice Coffee in a Pour Over Coffee Maker
Preparing pumpkin spice coffee in your pour over coffee maker is truly very simple! Sure you can purchase some brand of sugary syrup from your local grocery but these tend to be way too sweet and dissatisfying. If you want a nice hint of pumpkin spice to liven up your fall it’s as easy as adding pumpkin spice to your ground coffee, inserting into your pour over coffee maker filter and brewing!
Here’s a tried-and-true guide to making perfect pumpkin spice coffee in your pour over coffeemaker:
- Generally we recommend using one rounded tablespoon of ground coffee per 5 oz. of water but it depends how strong you like your coffee. There is a bit of trial and error so feel free to experiment to your taste.
- For each cup of coffee, add 1 tsp of pumpkin spice to the coffee grounds. To make your own spice at home, we here at Medelco found a great recipe for making your own pumpkin spice mix: 1/2 tsp ground cloves, 1/2 tsp ground allspice, 1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg, 1 tbsp ground ginger, 3 tbsp ground cinnamon.
- Slowly pour a small amount of hot (not boiling) water in a circular motion over the grounds until evenly saturated. Allow to sit for approximately 30 seconds to ‘bloom’ which will ensure you capture all of the coffee’s flavor.
- Once bloomed, slowly pour the remaining water in a circular motion over the grounds and thoroughly soak all of the coffee. Repeat as necessary until you have brewed the desired amount of coffee.
- Pour the freshly brewed pumpkin spice coffee into your favorite mug, add milk and sweetener to taste and enjoy!